Thursday, November 17, 2011

{35 Weeks and Counting}

I thought I would give a quick update...
  • I am 35 weeks today! Where has the time gone!?
  • I went to my high-risk OB appointment last week to check on all the issues and the baby's heart arryhthmia had improved dramatically which is music to my ears! I am still off all stimulants. I haven't had anything with caffeine in 2 weeks and I am slightly missing my iced tea and chocolate. Although I have never fallen asleep as easy as I have, so this might be my new norm :). Staying asleep is a different story...
  • I wake up between 2 and 5 times a night.
  • The baby was measured again last week. At 34 weeks, he was estimated to weigh 7 pounds 1 ounce...with 6 weeks to go. This slightly terrifies me.
  • My fingers are starting to swell which is new...I did not swell in the slightest with Luke. I can still wear my wedding band, but it is tight so I might be a single woman the rest of my pregnancy. My feet get a little puffy too as the day goes on and I am on my feet a lot.
  • I feel the baby move in a very different way now. I will feel body parts protrude from my stomach and it feels so weird and so cool all at the same time.
  • Baby boy is head down.
  • When I wake up or stand up after sitting for long periods of time, my feet hurt so bad it feels like I am walking on pins and needles. This is new to me too since it never happened with Luke.
  • Chat and I think we have decided on a name. I am ready to tell, but Chat all of a sudden has decided that we need to keep it under wraps until he is born.
  • My back hurts in the exact same spot where it hurt when I was pregnant with Luke. I am fine unless I sit for long periods of time. It feels better if I am standing or laying down. The pain started later in the pregnancy this time than it did with Luke though for which I am thankful.
  • We finished the nursery, although we are using most of the same stuff for Luke's nursery. Since we moved though, we needed to get it all out and pictures hung, etc. Since the room is significantly larger than Luke's room was in our old house, we did have to get a new rug. I got the same one -- just went from a 3x5 to and 8x10. It was back ordered for 2 months, so it finally arrived!
  • I have had 3 Sprinkles for this baby and it has got us so excited about this new guy! It is nice to have a few new things special for this baby. I didn't realize how important that would be when agreeing to these, but so happy I did now!
  • Luke still has zero clue what is going on. He still thinks my huge stomach is a platform to sit on or jump off of.
  • As I was looking in the mirror on Monday as I was getting into the shower, I feel that my stomach is lower. I am not sure if this means he has dropped or not, but internally it feels the same so I am thinking probably not. Then a friend commented yesterday that she thinks I look like I dropped. Maybe this means he is getting ready???
  • This is the first year in several years that we are not traveling for Thanksgiving.
  • Dealing with getting ready for the new baby and getting ready for all the holidays is a little much for my brain to handle. I am overwhelmed to say the least.
  • I am trying to make it to the birth without buying anymore maternity clothes. Which means if you see me, you probably will see me in one of the 3 shirts that still fit me. Please ignore my lack of anything fashion at the moment.
  • I am trying to find a fun toy to have at home when we get home from the hospital as a possible distraction for Luke in case he is not welcoming of the baby. Any ideas?
  • I started packing my hospital bag and it is so surreal to be doing this again. I think it is really different this time since I know what I am walking in to. I am getting very nervous but very excited!
  • I just ate mashed potatoes for breakfast. They were delicious.
  • Luke and I are off to music class! Hoping to post a belly picture by tomorrow!

1 comment:

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

yay for a great update! So glad to hear the news on the little man's heart. And whoa, that's a big boy :) Continuing to keep you all in our prayers!